• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installation error :: big time

Okay, I was told to "just get the latest version" and that it would be "easier". Okay...somebody lied. I downloaded the installation instructions and am following them to a "t" but I'm get this error:

+++++++++++

Step 2: osCommerce Configuration

Warning: fopen("c:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/osComm/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php", "w") - No such file or directory in C:Program FilesApache GroupApache2htdocsosCommcataloginstalltemplatespagesinstall_5.php on line 166

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in C:Program FilesApache GroupApache2htdocsosCommcataloginstalltemplatespagesinstall_5.php on line 167

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in C:Program FilesApache GroupApache2htdocsosCommcataloginstalltemplatespagesinstall_5.php on line 168

The configuration was successful!

++++++++

Okay...now is it just me or does that not look the same as the way it's supposed too according to page 12 in the "Installation and Modification Guide". :wink:

...according to this error message there is supposed to be an "admin" folder under the "catalog" directory. This isn't so. Did I install it improperly? The documentation stated that I need to grab the folders inside the original "admin" and "catalog" folders...is that true?

Oh...heh-heh...I found the problem. I fixed it. Thanks for the help... :lol:

I just needed to point to the admin tool properly. I had it set as /catalog/admin/ and it should have just been /admin/....

Archived