• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate - how to get over 256 column Excel Limitation

andyide

Hi guys,

Have sussed Easy Populate and it rocks my world.

Accursed Excel only allows 256 columns in my export file - how would I get around it?

I have one attribute for my store that is 'Colour' and there are 130 entries for colours. I know, I didn't know that there were colours other than red, blue, green brown and black - but apparently there are. Also some of my clients items are mixture of colour like Black/Chartreuse.

FYI, Charterues is a king of lime green. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartreuse_(color)

So how would I export ma data file and edit it in an easy fashion within Excel?

Or should I just write a custom php script to doeit?

Andy

There is an option in easy populate to set which attributes get loaded. You could try limiting them using that. It would be more work for you but might work. There is also a way to get around the limit that is explained on Microsofts support site. I don't know if it works but it is there. Other than that, there isn't anything you can do to get around it, at least not that I know of.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 months later...

quattro pro X3 by corel is limited to over 18,000 columns try that one maybe ?

currently using OSC2.2MS2 051113 with the following contributions:

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?