• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding fields to shopping cart

seanlordan

Hi im a newbie this may be only a small prob, hope someone can help, Is it possible to add fields to the shoping cart, at present i am setting up a shop. im selling items in packs of 4. When a customer selects an item (pack of 4) the shoping cart only displays the quantity(1 item). So as not to confuse customers i was wondering is it possible to add a new field showing the package number as well as quantity number?

default atribute's can do that.

just add the quantity in an atribute, and make that the only atribute available for a certain product.

I have given that when uplaoding a product but it does not display it in the cart?

Thanks for the quick reply

after having set a Product Option you need to create an Option Value for that Option.

after haveing done that, you must add that option to your product as well.

The Product option is shown as plain text on the product_info.php, the option value as a drop down.

just see how it will then look when having added that.

• 2 weeks later...
after having set a Product Option you need to create an Option Value for that Option.

after haveing done that, you must add that option to your product as well.

The Product option is shown as plain text on the product_info.php, the option value as a drop down.

just see how it will then look when having added that.

Right i got ya, dumb me. So easy, it was rght in front of me thanks a mill for the help!

Archived