• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Search by attributes contribution

sheme

Hi everybody.

I've installed this contribution : http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2337

This contribution allow you to search products by attributes from a drop down list box in the advanced_search.php . I've a problem with this.when two ore more options are attribuated to a product, by exemple one for color and the other for size, the result of search show all the product in the size specified in drop down list box , whatever the color choose, AND all the product in the color specified, whatever the size choose.

The result i expected was if i select in drop down list box blue and XXL, i want to see only the products blue AND XXL size, a combinated result.

I hope you understand me, and please excuse me for language.

here is the code from advanced_search_result.php :

$attributes_query = tep_db_query("select * from products_options where language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 $option_value_selected = false;
 $products_stock_attributes_array = array();
 while ($attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($attributes_query)) {
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS[$attributes["products_options_name"]]) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS[$attributes["products_options_name"]]))
	  $option_value_selected = true;
 }
 // the above while loop is to check to see if any values were selected
 if ($option_value_selected == true){
  $attributes_query2 = tep_db_query("select * from products_options where language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
  while ($attributes2 = tep_db_fetch_array($attributes_query2)) {
	  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS[$attributes2["products_options_name"]]) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS[$attributes2["products_options_name"]])) {
		$str_selected_values = $str_selected_values . $HTTP_GET_VARS[$attributes2["products_options_name"]] . ','; 
	}
  }
  $str_selected_values = substr($str_selected_values,0,strlen($str_selected_values) - 1);
  $where_str .= "and pa.products_id = p.products_id and pa.options_values_id in (".$str_selected_values.")";

Thanks !!!!

Hi everybody.

I've installed this contribution : http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2337

This contribution allow you to search products by attributes from a drop down list box in the advanced_search.php . I've a problem with this.when two ore more options are attribuated to a product, by exemple one for color and the other for size, the result of search show all the product in the size specified in drop down list box , whatever the color choose, AND all the product in the color specified, whatever the size choose.

The result i expected was if i select in drop down list box blue and XXL, i want to see only the products blue AND XXL size, a combinated result.

I hope you understand me, and please excuse me for language.

here is the code from advanced_search_result.php :

$attributes_query = tep_db_query("select * from products_options where language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 $option_value_selected = false;
 $products_stock_attributes_array = array();
 while ($attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($attributes_query)) {
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS[$attributes["products_options_name"]]) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS[$attributes["products_options_name"]]))
	  $option_value_selected = true;
 }
 // the above while loop is to check to see if any values were selected
 if ($option_value_selected == true){
  $attributes_query2 = tep_db_query("select * from products_options where language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
  while ($attributes2 = tep_db_fetch_array($attributes_query2)) {
	  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS[$attributes2["products_options_name"]]) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS[$attributes2["products_options_name"]])) {
		$str_selected_values = $str_selected_values . $HTTP_GET_VARS[$attributes2["products_options_name"]] . ','; 
	}
  }
  $str_selected_values = substr($str_selected_values,0,strlen($str_selected_values) - 1);
  $where_str .= "and pa.products_id = p.products_id and pa.options_values_id in (".$str_selected_values.")";

Thanks !!!!

it uses a "where x in ('a','b')" construction which is the same as "where x = 'a' or x = 'b'"

and it has to do that because you cannot correctly search attributes on values id alone.

Treasurer MFC

• 3 weeks later...