• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error in SQL syntax - in admin section

TrentonD

Hey guys, I just installed osCommerce through my webhost, so I know for a fact that it was installed properly.

Well, everything was running fine, but then I started removing all the products (so I could add my own). I also removed all the manufacturers from the admin section. Once I removed the last manufacturer, I got this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name, manufacturers_image, date_added, last_modified from manufacturers order by manufacturers_name limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]

I also get these errors on other pages of the admin section:

Reviews:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select reviews_id, products_id, date_added, last_modified, reviews_rating from reviews order by date_added DESC limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]

Specials:

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, s.specials_id, s.specials_new_products_price, s.specials_date_added, s.specials_last_modified, s.expires_date, s.date_status_change, s.status from products p, specials s, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id order by pd.products_name limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]

Products Expected:

select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_date_available from products_description pd, products p where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_date_available != '' and pd.language_id = '1' order by p.products_date_available DESC limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]

Those seem to be the only pages that have SQL errors in the admin section. Once again, everything seemed to be working fine until I removed the last manufacturer. Can anyone help me out a bit please? Thanks

Do any of your current products still try to call the manufacturers?

Have you tried adding a new manufacturer to see if the error goes away?

Rob

Rob Bell - Inspired Graphix

Customising osCommerce in Australia, and the world!

View my profile for web and email links.

I'm sorry, but i cannot offer Free support via PM etc, and osCommerce forums prohibit me from putting any reference to paid support in my signauture.

However viewing my profile may provide links to my website or something like that which you may find useful.

Do any of your current products still try to call the manufacturers?

Have you tried adding a new manufacturer to see if the error goes away?

Rob

I have removed all products from the database (along with manufacturers). There is no way I can add new manufacturers, because the error stops the rest of the particular page from being displayed. I can still see the menu and everything though.

Archived