• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Having Trouble installing osCommerce

ive been trying to install oscommerce for my shop but am having immense trouble with it, after having tried everything i can think of including following the instructions word for word.

Please Help

Hey.

I'm a newbie here, but even for me - the information you provided - is not enough.

What steps have you taken? Does it say it after the installation had been completed, or you just unable to access ../install at all?

im unable to access "../install"

i have followed the instructions to the letter!

Well there are not much of instructions to follow until then :)

But anyways. I would start with checking permissions on the folder at first.

Also, try entering ../install/index.php just to see if it does anything.

N

I don't have an answer for the original post, but rather than start a new topic I figured I would post my question under this one. I finally got through the installation procedure but when I click on catalog or admin (at the end of installation) it says "Unable to connect to database server!". Any ideas?

Thanks a million,

Aimee

I don't have an answer for the original post, but rather than start a new topic I figured I would post my question under this one. I finally got through the installation procedure but when I click on catalog or admin (at the end of installation) it says "Unable to connect to database server!". Any ideas?

Thanks a million,

Aimee

make sure you have put the right username and password in the installation process else you can edit :

./catalog/include/configure.php make sure to put it as 444 after

and change also

./catalog/admin/include/configure.php make sure to put it as 444

444 = permission on file

so that you dont get errors in the cart after (red banner at top of screen )

ive been trying to install oscommerce for my shop but am having immense trouble with it, after having tried everything i can think of including following the instructions word for word.

Please Help

for one upload the catalog folder in the zipped file you downloaded and make sure you upload in the htdocs folder on your host provider or in easyphp or wammp depends on what you use.

then if on a hosted provider just go in your web browser and put the following in the address bar :

http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/install

www.mydomain.com = replace with your domain name.

now follow the instruction and make sure you have a mysql database provided in your account on your host else it wont work.

make sure you have the user name and the password for that database with the necessary previledge on it.

sorry for my bad english :)

once finish everything should work.

P.S. Do not upload in a directory outside the htdocs folder, as per lots of host provider denies access to folder outside the htdocs folder = page wont show up :)

Also dont forget to put the permission on the folders like i said to the other poster :

eg:

and change also

444 = permission on file

Also you need to manually create a backups folder in the admin directory and if no tmp folder and you want to use cache then create it.

hope it helps and if there is things i forgot please is there someone that could complete it thanks

make sure you have put the right username and password in the installation process else you can edit :

and change also

444 = permission on file

so that you dont get errors in the cart after (red banner at top of screen )

I have tried 444 and 644. Neither is working. I still get the same message. Thanks, but any further ideas?

I have tried 444 and 644. Neither is working. I still get the same message. Thanks, but any further ideas?

did you verify that you are using the right user name and password for the database and that the database server you input also is the right one.

check in does two files they need to have the exact info needed else it wont work.

./catalog/include/configure.php

and change also

./catalog/admin/include/configure.php

that is the only place you tell the shopping cart where to connect to the database and what info it needs both files contains that type of info.

also the info is at the buttom of both files ( just so that you get to it faster that i am pointing that out)

did you verify that you are using the right user name and password for the database and that the database server you input also is the right one.

check in does two files they need to have the exact info needed else it wont work.

./catalog/include/configure.php

and change also

./catalog/admin/include/configure.php

that is the only place you tell the shopping cart where to connect to the database and what info it needs both files contains that type of info.

also the info is at the buttom of both files ( just so that you get to it faster that i am pointing that out)

username and password are correct. The database I created has the files from installation in them so it found the right one. I have changed those two files to both 644 and 444 and neither will work. Am I supposed to move all the osCommerce files to my new database or leave them? That's the only thing I can think of, but I don't remember seeing that step anywhere.

Thanks.

Never mind. I have read through a ton of forums and have decided to delete it all and start over. If that doesn't work, you'll hear from me again. Thanks!

Archived