• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing default start page blocks access to osCommerce

EricGHarrison

Here is the situation:

A client has a web site that uses osCommerce. I need to change the start page for their web site from "index.html" to "index.shtml" - NOTE: The pages have the exact same content (obviously the .html one has no back end processing).

I am adding a line to .htaccess to set the proper start page ("DirectoryIndex index.shtml").

This works correctly; HOWEVER, as soon as this change is in place, access to the Shop (osCommerce) subdirectory is blocked. We are getting a standard "access forbidden" page.

I have decades of experience with systems, but I am new to PHP / Apache / osCommerce (got a trifecta going there), so I have no idea where to start on this problem. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks! - Eric.

You shouldn't need to add that directive as an shmtl page should load before a php page. Have you tried it without the directive?

Vger

Thanks for the quick reply Vger.

While at first I thought I wasn't clear (the original index.html page has no PHP in it), it turns out, your solution was the right one anyway. I simply renamed index.html to index.html.orig, which then let index.shtml be processed as the start page. Sure enough, the Shop and Shop/Admin subsites continued to work after this.

Thanks! - Eric.

Archived