• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Blank Values

Upon a fresh and succsessful install, I go to the admin area and try to enter things like the name of my store and email and such. It all seems to work fine, but the values show up blank when the page refreshes. WTF?

Try pressing CTRL-F5 and let me know if the correct values do not appear or if you receive an error message.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Try pressing CTRL-F5 and let me know if the correct values do not appear or if you receive an error message.

I'm on a Mac. I've tried both Safari and Firefox. <ctrl>-F5 does nothing, not does a force reload (<option><cmd>R) nor does a full system restart.

When you select to save an entry do you receive an error message at the top of the page?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

When you select to save an entry do you receive an error message at the top of the page?

Nope.

So, I downloaded phpMyAdmin and went into the database directly. Turns out the values weren't saving, but the databse was in tact. I'm able to edit the values in phpMyAdmin, so it's kinda fixed. Still would be nice to have this working correctly.

Nope.

So, I downloaded phpMyAdmin and went into the database directly. Turns out the values weren't saving, but the databse was in tact. I'm able to edit the values in phpMyAdmin, so it's kinda fixed. Still would be nice to have this working correctly.

okay, so this is confusing me. I know that OSC can write to the database, because it set up the structure in the first place and seeded it with the default values. Right? Right. Okay, phpMyAdmin required a seconnd set of database infor that it might be using differently than osC to tap the database, allowing me full read/write access. But if we know osC can write to the database (at least the installer can) why isn't it writing anything else to it? I've check the contact email, shopping cart, admin, etc. none of them work.

Archived