• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP no sales records

DJMic

Can anyone explain to me what might be wrong with my shopping cart?

I have customers that have successfully made a purchase and paid with paypal I do not receive an e-mail confirming I have received an order (except from PayPal) and I have no idea what they ordered it just shows a qty and total amount.

Is this the PayPal module?

Or because I'm in Canada and it was U.S. but shouldn't I still have an order Pending in my admin page?

I'm lost here! :'(

It happens when the customer doesn't click on the return to merchant link after successful payment with paypal. The confirmation is sent when checkout_process.php is executed to display checkout_success.php. Then the shopping cart is emptied too.

You can fix this by installing an order logging or the paypal IPN contribution. Then an order is added to the database before the customer is redirected to your payment gateway. A quick search for +paypal +order on this forum should give you more indepth explanations as it is a common scenario.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Archived