• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Menubar for extra pages

triplemaya

Hi. I'm looking for a way to add items to an existing menubar, or put in my own menubar. I have found the Horizontal main menu code page in Contributions, and this looks like a very bad idea to have to add to each and every page, and then maintain.

The reason I need something like this is that I decided to have the catalog as the front page of the site, and then have other pages such as extra product info and a blog off that front page. Is this not a good idea? If this is workable, could someone please point me to a sensible way to access the other pages.

Many thanks.

Andrew

have you checked out the infopages contribution? it's nice and flexible. Normally, it adds the new pages to a box as links, but nowhere is it written in stone that they could not be in horizontal menu bars!

Of course you would add such a bar to header.php so you add and maintain it 1x ... actually I should say you add it 1x, as you maintain it via the included admin module.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

• 2 months later...

Archived