• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Updating FedEx Module

As many of you probably know, you do not have to upgrade to 2.2 to rid yourself of the FedEx error. Simply download the 2.2 snaphot and extract the NEW fedex.php to the existing modules folder. It works perfectly with the 2.1 system. (Always make a backup of original files replaced.)

Phil 8)

I get this error message from the fedex module:

Error: Service temporarily unavailable. Please contact store owner if you wish to use this service.

I have updated the following:

/modules/shipping/fedex.php

/classes/_fedex.php

plus the language files.

Is this related to the fact that our country of origin is Canada?

I get this error message from the fedex module:

Error: Service temporarily unavailable. Please contact store owner if you wish to use this service.

I have also been receiving this error for the last 24 hours or so. My fedex module is:

$Id: fedex.php,v 1.35 2002/08/29 02:00:54 hpdl Exp $

This is introducing a strange situation -

It seems like OSC tries to default to the best shipping rate, so with Fedex error'ing out, OSC isn't not picking any of the other shipping options by default (the other radio buttons are NOT filled in). If the customer checks out without choosing any of the remaining shipping methods, shipping isn't added at all. I've turned off the Fedex module for the moment to eliminate the zero shipping cost effect.

Ed

I think the FedEx service may actually be the problem and not the module... I am getting the same error where it has been working fine up until now. I just noticed as of Sept. 23.

I think the FedEx service may actually be the problem and not the module... I am getting the same error where it has been working fine up until now. I just noticed as of Sept. 23.

Thats when FedEx updated the RateFinder service to allow worldwide shipping (not just USA->).

I'll look into updating the module as soon as I can but can't promise a solution soon. If someone wants to look into it meanwhile, go for it :)

:heart:, osCommerce

Their constant change of API is very frustrating. I mean there must be thousands of users that rely on some sort of real time price quoting, whether they are using OSC or another e-commerce package.

Hopefully there's a patch for this soon.

Fedex is NOT changing the API, that's not the problem. The ratefinder was not a supported method for E-Commerce sites to use, it just happens that it was the easiest way I suppose for whoever wrote it to get it to work with OSC. Fedex has supported APIs, there just isn't a driver for them, yet.

All Fedex did was change the manual screen users use at Fedex.Com to get rates, why shouldn't they be able to do this? The shipping module sort of read the screen and fed it info, just like a user would.

Steve

I was doing a search for this problem and replaced a late august fed ex snapshot files with the ones today but still nuthing.

Any updates on this subject?

Archived