• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help with file upload & text fields

goldbuckle

I am new to Oscommerce, but I am experienced with other ecommerce applications such as X-cart & Miva Merchant. I have html knowledge and I design & build sites for my clients. All of my clients have stock products which at the most have size attributes, color attributes, etc. Here is the kicker. My company is commercial printing, and my own company's web site is a bit more complicated. So I can't just add products for people to buy. If they purchase something from me such as business cards or rubber stamps, I need text boxes for them to enter their information and have that tied to the item in the shopping cart. Also with some items, the customer may already have the artwork in a digital file, so there I would also need a file upload option, also to be tied to the item in the cart. Ideally I would also like to have an online design/layout tool where they can design their product and place it in the cart.

I am sure there is a module for the text boxes, I looked at one that I think will do it, but the installation instructions seemed a bit over my head. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Download and follow the readme/install instructions for this contribution: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1540/ ... I use it and it works perfectly. Customers can upload blueprints, and you can set options for text boxes.

Good luck.

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Download and follow the readme/install instructions for this contribution: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1540/ ... I use it and it works perfectly. Customers can upload blueprints, and you can set options for text boxes.

Good luck.

Okay, thanks for the tip. Now, after reading the instructions, I need help with finding the database and adding the sql files to it. Sorry, I am really not an idiot, I just don't have much experience with databases.

John

Okay, I got this contribution installed. I added a text field and a file upload field to a test product. This is what I got when I tried to use the upload.

ERROR_DESTINATION_DOES_NOT_EXIST

Anyone know what I am doing wrong???

Thanks,

John

• 1 year later...

Hi, I also had the problem with Error: destination does not exist.

Dont worry it is very simply.

Within the catalog/images...... file, you need to add the upload folder that is supplied with your contribution pack, this folder also contains a .htaccess file that also needs to be imported via ACSII

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Okay, thanks for the tip. Now, after reading the instructions, I need help with finding the database and adding the sql files to it. Sorry, I am really not an idiot, I just don't have much experience with databases.

John

Hi John, i was in the same predicament as you, and i cannot seem to find how to get the files entered into the database correctly. From your original post i have about the same experience level as you. CAn you give me some tips on how to insert the files correctly into the database??

Thanks

Jeremiah

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so i got my files in the database correctly, and i included the upload folder with the .htaccess file in it, but i am getting that "error, desitnation does not exist" still. Ive tried pretty much everything but i cannot get past that error. does anyone have any advice????

• 2 years later...

ok, so i got my files in the database correctly, and i included the upload folder with the .htaccess file in it, but i am getting that "error, desitnation does not exist" still. Ive tried pretty much everything but i cannot get past that error. does anyone have any advice????

Hi Jeremy

I know that's a old post but I am getting the same error (destination doesnt exist) and did not find any solution.

How about you? How did you solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Kelson

Archived