• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

using paypal

I have a question that paypal can't seem to answer for me and I was hoping that someone from this community forum could.

I am trying to set up the paypal account to use with my oscommerce. In the process of setting up the paypal account I need to set up the API (Application Programming Interface) I assume that I need to request the API credentials from Paypal and then configure oscommerce to use these credentials. How do I configure oscommerce to use these credentials? Any one know how paypal works and how I configure oscommerce to use them? HELP!!!

Thanks in advance jampaul3

Paypal has two options: paypla IPN and Paypal Pro. The first just charges a per item fee. The second charges the per item fee plus $20 (or so). The paypal API is only used for the paypal pro module. If that is the one you are wanting to use, then you have to install the paypal pro contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Paypal has two options: paypla IPN and Paypal Pro. The first just charges a per item fee. The second charges the per item fee plus $20 (or so). The paypal API is only used for the paypal pro module. If that is the one you are wanting to use, then you have to install the paypal pro contribution.

Jack

My next question then is if I am using the standard or IPN do I need something on my server so that the two servers (mine and paypals) know what to do. Right now when I click to go to paypal it just goes to the home page and asks for the user to log in. But the research that I have done indicates that the user does not need a paypal account even for the standard paypal. However, it is still asking for a user name and password, with no option to pay by credit card or anything like that. What do I need on my server to get paypal to work and talk correctly with my shopping cart.

The verbage on paypals website concerning website payment standard is this

Accept credit cards online, plus bank transfers, PayPal, and more. Website Payments Standard is:

Fast. There’s no lengthy approval process and no shopping cart needed. Start accepting payments today.

Easy. Customers shop on your website and pay you on PayPal. They don’t even need a PayPal account.

Low-cost. No monthly, start-up, or cancellation fees – and no annual commitment.

I just don't understand why when I click on the confirm order button in the oscommerce it just takes me to the paypal home page asking me to sign in.

Also, when I looked at paypals site there was a demo that showed what should come up and that page is nothing like what is coming up now for me. How do I get there?

Thanks

Jamie

Archived