• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Retrieving Credit Card Sales?

taylor@soaringstuff.com

I am slowly getting an OSCommerce shopping cart set up........ Is there a way to "manually" retrieve credit card sales (complete with the customer's credit card number, etc.?)

Ultimately, we hope to get the Authorize.net feature activated, but in the meantime, it would be nice to just retrieve the orders from a secure site (as we have been doing with the 1ShoppingCart.com service)

Thanks for the help!

-Taylor

Taylor,

For a simple way to process credit cards, you first want to make sure you have Credit Card processing enabled under Modules / Payment. In a fresh installation, Credit Card processing is second from the top. Enable credit card processing and make sure your Payment Zone is set to none (this will avoid problems).

To do a test order, add an item to your shopping cart and proceed through check out. Use this number as a dummy credit card:

4111111111111111 - Visa - expiration: any date after today

To check for your order goto your administration screen and in the left-side box under Orders you should see at least one pending. Click on the Pending link to see your pending orders listed by customer. Click on the customer name to see the full order detail including credit card info.

Big questions: is your shopping cart secure (with an SSL certificate) and is your Catalog/Admin directory protected?

Pete

Thanks Pete,

For some reason, I wasn't able to get a copy of the transaction that showed the customer credit card number.... now it seems to be working.

Yes.... I have the Admin section password protected, and my new server is activating the SSL .... I don't have the shopping cart "Live" yet.... so nobody can find it.

Thanks for the help!

-Taylor

Taylor,

For a simple way to process credit cards, you first want to make sure you have Credit Card processing enabled under Modules / Payment. In a fresh installation, Credit Card processing is second from the top. Enable credit card processing and make sure your Payment Zone is set to none (this will avoid problems).

To do a test order, add an item to your shopping cart and proceed through check out. Use this number as a dummy credit card:

4111111111111111 - Visa - expiration: any date after today

To check for your order goto your administration screen and in the left-side box under Orders you should see at least one pending. Click on the Pending link to see your pending orders listed by customer. Click on the customer name to see the full order detail including credit card info.

Big questions: is your shopping cart secure (with an SSL certificate) and is your Catalog/Admin directory protected?

Pete

Archived