• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Does anyone have a user forum integrated into their OS Commmerce site?

evildrome

Hi All,

I'd like to start a user discussion/support group and run OS Commerce to sell site branded t-shirts & mugs and stuff to the group members.

To give you an example, lets say I started a web site called I-LOVE-OS-COMMERCE.com and I want to sell "I-LOVE-OS-COMMERCE.com " hats, mugs, t-shirts, etc.

Obviously the user forum is the raison d'etre of the site but I still want to make a buck out of it.

What I need to do is get the balance right between it being a forum and a shop.

Can anyone suggest a site that already strikes the right balance?

Am I going at this backwards? Should I seek to integrate OS Commerce with the forum software (e.g vBulletin) rather than integrate a forum into OS Commerce?

TIA,

Wilson Logan.

Obviously the user forum is the raison d'etre of the site
I think you answered the question right here.

Add a link to your user forum, something like "Shop for User Forum stuff here" and link to your store which would be in a subdirectory or a subdomain, your choice.

I think you answered the question right here.

Add a link to your user forum, something like "Shop for User Forum stuff here" and link to your store which would be in a subdirectory or a subdomain, your choice.

Yes, I think you're right. I still wouldn't mind seeing how someone else implemented that but I can certainly knock something up that will do the job.

Thanks,

Wilson.

Archived