• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I go live?

mjhaston

I know it's a stupid question, but it's late, I just installed 2.1 manually and then saw the auto install with 2.2! How easy was that. Nice work.

I have the preview and I'm wondering how I set it up to have a live shop?

PS - I know it's phpBB, but I really like this forum. I currently us YaBBse on one of my sites. I like that, it's never been bad to me, but this is fast and slick looking.

How do you mean how do you go live?

Do you mean on a dedicated server?

Do you mean on a shared host?

Do you mean what other actions to take besides the installation of osC?

???

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

it is a snapshot. Not a fully completed program. It is good enough that it is running many other ecommerce sites as well: www.nstial.com/catalog/ and many others.

This program OSC will not be completed with all of its fuctions by the end of this year sometime. There will be changes...rewrites of the code etc.

You can still use OSC 2.2 recent snapshot and be able to open a live shop of your own. It is not hard to put on new scripts etc.

Steve

It is ready for production. It's just not finalized. So the core dev team advised you to use 2.1 or keep updating the 2.2-CVS version.

If you point your browser to

http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog/default.php

and you see the site it is operational.

You need to adjust all the settings in the Admin to meet your requirements.

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Thanks guys. Maybe I just didn't configure enough. I was on 2.1 and upgraded to 2.2 last night. I've kept my eye on the project for about 6 months now. I'm not sure we'll use it. It's a youth football organization and I'm not sure how fancy they want to get!

I just always get thrown by the comments on the front page of my default.php saying it's a demo. I guess I can change all that and "activate" it. I'm thinking if we do use this we'll just have people order it and pay cash when they pick it up or paypal at best. They won't want to get into the responsibility or legality of processing credit card orders and shipping.

I just always get thrown by the comments on the front page of my default.php saying it's a demo.

In case you haven't found it ..

catalog/includes/language/[english]/default.php

>> define('TEXT_MAIN', ' this is the text you edit');

NOTE: if you are making any other languages available, you will need to edit the pages(default.php etc) within those directories also.

-caz

Archived