• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

We have detected that your browser does not support cookies

dragon5

Posted this on the Mozilla/Firefox forum as well. No ideas yet.

Hello. This is driving me NUTS! I get this error msg. 'We have detected that your browser does not support cookies', when attempting to access certain portions of my website, AND ONLY my website. All other sites work fine. It only happens when I use Firefox. (and even FF used to work fine) It does not happen when I use Mozilla 1.7 or IE. I have searched and read everything. Have done all the suggested fixes to no avail. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Posted this on the Mozilla/Firefox forum as well. No ideas yet.

Hello. This is driving me NUTS! I get this error msg. 'We have detected that your browser does not support cookies', when attempting to access certain portions of my website, AND ONLY my website. All other sites work fine. It only happens when I use Firefox. (and even FF used to work fine) It does not happen when I use Mozilla 1.7 or IE. I have searched and read everything. Have done all the suggested fixes to no avail. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

turn off "force cookies" and check your cookie settings.

Treasurer MFC

• 9 months later...

The reason is described here , the solution:

find this string in /catalog/includes/application_top.php

$cookie_domain = (($request_type == 'NONSSL') ? HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN : HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN);

replace with

if ($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] = 'localhost') {
  $cookie_domain = '';
 }else{
  $cookie_domain = (($request_type == 'NONSSL') ? HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN : HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN);
 }

• 1 month later...

Thank you for posting that. I was going crazy trying to figure out why cookies weren't working on my dev machine!

B

The reason is described here , the solution:

find this string in /catalog/includes/application_top.php

replace with

if ($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] = 'localhost') {
  $cookie_domain = '';
 }else{
 }

Archived