• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't see products from Oscom-Home without login?

CitizenZed

I have it where users can get to the Oscomm store without being registered. However, one cannot then hit a product or a product category without getting a page asking to login or create account. Can't seem to find any control to allow a user to see product descriptions prior to "adding to cart" or checkout.

I'd like to avoid having users have to log in unless they need to create an account for normal checkout. I have GoogleCheckout as an option whereby I wouldn't need any info........... just want them to be able to get to the page where that is without loging in along the way.........whereas, if they hit "checkout" as opposed to "Googlecheckout"... then they'd need to create an account at that point.

Hope this makes sense.

I've seen some "contribution" links in other threads... vairious things to make it where users can buy without accounts. I don't know if this is what I need or not, since I'm unsure if what I want to do can or can't be done in "normal" Oscommerce. I do want users to create an account if they hit the native Oscomm "checkout" option.... just wanting them to get that far without being bothered to log in.

Bump..... please?

Stuck on this and can't figure out how to proceed.

About now I'm guessing my question makes no sense in terms of normal Oscommerce...... and that my problem is connected with ECJoomCommerce V1.1.53

Find code that looks like this in the index.php and the product_info.php and remove it:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

Other great Open Source (Free) programs: (Free as in free speech not free beer)

The Gimp - An image program. | Firefox - All you have to do is add the Web Developer add-on to make this web browser complete. | FileZilla - An ftp program. | Inkscape - A good program to create images with. | Thunderbird - An email program. | Openoffice.org - An office suite that is compatible with MS Office. | Abiword - Another office suite. | Audacity - A sound recording tool. | ddp's Picks | Wordpress - An easy to use blogging software. | Joomla - An easy to use CMS that has ecommerce plug-ins. | Drupal - Another CMS

How do I find these programs? Google Search!

Archived