• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Register Globals

gregNwt

Hi All

I have newest release of oscommerce, with the Seperate Price Per Customer (SPPC) contribution installed and need to convert to running with register globals off in php.

I have tried to install the register_globals_v1.5 contribution , but on a fresh OSC install and one over the top of a SPPC enabled one, I get the same results with a Unable to determine the page link! at the bottom left of any page and no products being found.

Has anyone seen similar reesults with the Register Globals contribution or can offer any help ....

TIA

Hi,

a customer of mine has the same problem. Our servers have register_globals off be default due to security reasons.

Now if i use the .htaccess way and overwrite that setting:

php_value register_globals 1

The browser gets bad responses from the URL and everything breaks.

If someone could link me to this "magical" package that everyone is talking about that should fix everything, I'd be very greatful.

Regards,

Johannes Lindenbaum

P.S.: Why is register_globals needed on osCommerce - shouldn't the developers bethinking about the breakage rumours in PHP 6 ( register_globals should be taken out) and what a security risk it is?

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Hi All

I have newest release of oscommerce, with the Seperate Price Per Customer (SPPC) contribution installed and need to convert to running with register globals off in php.

I have tried to install the register_globals_v1.5 contribution , but on a fresh OSC install and one over the top of a SPPC enabled one, I get the same results with a Unable to determine the page link! at the bottom left of any page and no products being found.

Has anyone seen similar reesults with the Register Globals contribution or can offer any help ....

TIA

The problem is probably because the Search Engine Friendly option is enabled in admin->configuration. If that is on, turn it off.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If someone could link me to this "magical" package that everyone is talking about that should fix everything, I'd be very greatful.

P.S.: Why is register_globals needed on osCommerce - shouldn't the developers bethinking about the breakage rumours in PHP 6 ( register_globals should be taken out) and what a security risk it is?

Go to the contributions section (see above menu) and search for register globals. I'm sure the next release of oscommerce won't have this problem. But the current release has not been updated in years (except for a few fixes lately). Besides, there is nothing to re-code once the above contributiuon is installed unless there is some other contribution that is causing the problem. They have to be handled on a case by case basis.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Further to my problems, and some solutions

I have installed the Register Globals package and found that the Host had both register globals and register long_arrays OFF in their PHP.ini.

Also they had not enabled the AllowOverrides Limit Options in the apache setup.

After installing the register globals package the server gave broken urls at the bottom of each page 'Cant determine page link!" error message

Comparing to a working system found the register_long_arrays was off..

Getting the host to turn on the AllowOverrides was the key to sucess.

There I could set the register long arrays On and with the register globals contribution installed all seems to be working...

Not to mention the search breaking on php 5.2 and needing another contribution to set the search sql to a better syntax.....