• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

clean install without all of the demo stuff

satch

I am looking to make a clean install of the oscommerce cart but wanted to do a clean install and not upload all of the sample data. Is there an easy way to do all of this? Maybe a script to dump it out of the database and not upload certain folders and such?

8)

Thanks in Advance

I am looking to make a clean install of the oscommerce cart but wanted to do a clean install and not upload all of the sample data. Is there an easy way to do all of this? Maybe a script to dump it out of the database and not upload certain folders and such?

8)

Thanks in Advance

The easiest way is to hack the .sql file that comes with the installation. Just remove all those SQL statements that insert demo data.

--johnt

• 4 years later...
The easiest way is to hack the .sql file that comes with the installation. Just remove all those SQL statements that insert demo data.

--johnt

I tried this but the .sql file has inserts for tables that osCommerce needs to run. Languages is one of them. Is there an .sql that only inserts values needed by the system and none of the sample stuff?

• 2 months later...
I tried this but the .sql file has inserts for tables that osCommerce needs to run. Languages is one of them. Is there an .sql that only inserts values needed by the system and none of the sample stuff?

If you can get it to work, install easy populate. Export your database and then delete all files from excel, hopefully EP will delete the ones that arent there.. im not sure though

Archived