• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC and IE7 bug?

mstabrey

I posted this yesterday...

I recently have had experiences where customers have registered and PAID for items (and we now have their money), yet there is absolutely no trace of them in the list of customers or orders etc. We have no idea who these poor folks are. It's very worrying, especially since you have to be registered to be able to order and then pay for items - not to mention being accused of stealing!

A user suggested that this only started happening once IE7 had been installed. Can this be? Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Mart

I recently have had experiences where customers have registered and PAID for items (and we now have their money), yet there is absolutely no trace of them in the list of customers or orders etc. We have no idea who these poor folks are. It's very worrying, especially since you have to be registered to be able to order and then pay for items - not to mention being accused of stealing!

A user suggested that this only started happening once IE7 had been installed. Can this be? Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Mart

As Fars As I know I have tried E7 and I am an Computer Tech. and I have been having lot problems with IE7 and I think they have a bug on that version. first of all its slows up computer, and your internet.

Wade Morris

Amarillo, Texas

Before you do any changes on your site you need to do BACKUP! BACKUP!

Thanks,

Mart

osc processes customer- and order info on the server side and that has nothing to do with browsers.

Treasurer MFC

I also have IE7 installed on my computer and hve experenced a lot of connectivity problems. Also, speaking as an internet tech I can't see why IE would be causing problems as it really has nothing to do with the server side of orders. I could be wrong and who knows what Bill G. is up to these days with all the law suits and such. Probably covering his rear.

I also have IE7 installed on my computer and hve experenced a lot of connectivity problems. Also, speaking as an internet tech I can't see why IE would be causing problems as it really has nothing to do with the server side of orders. I could be wrong and who knows what Bill G. is up to these days with all the law suits and such. Probably covering his rear.

IE7 may be poorly constructed but if you cannot find orders or even customer data after an order was placed then so is your osc installation.

Treasurer MFC

Forgive me for not being a computer guru or the like (albeit have been using computer all my life) and making comment on this so called IE7 bug, but I think this is purely nonsense. If there were such a bug, the big players of online shops and the big banks would be the first to ditch IE7. Come on, guys, look some where else for your shops problem (to start with, post an as accurate/detailed as possible description of the problem you encounter)!

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Archived