• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

English in Product name?

I've been trying to sort out other issues on my store. I tried a bunch of different contributions to make some fixes and cahnges. After finding out they either didn't do what I wanted or they were too over my head to install I re-loaded all the original files (yes, from my back-ups).

Now, somewhere along the way I screwed something up. Despite my efforts to fix them I'm at a loss.

The problem: The word "English" is is in front of the Product Name, Product Description, and Product URL fields. Not really a big deal...but... When I add a new product or update a product the preview screen is showing the word English in the products name as though it were part of the product name. for example: instead of just saying "Part" it says English Part". Same font face and size. This is only on the preview page...not on the acture live store. See image below.

What did I break this time? :huh:

Please help if you can. Thanks.

english.jpg

*nudge nudge*

:(

that is where the UK flag is supposed to go.. if you upload the flag to the image folder you should get it back

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Thanks for your help...it wasn't the problem but it did make me realize what the problem was.

In Admin->Localization->Languages->English I had the 'image' field empty. After adding 'icon.gif' all is good.

Thanks,

Dennis

Archived