• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

adding, deleting images

Trusten

Are you speaking about product images ? If you are, then you add them as you are building up your catalog of products, it gives you the option of browsing your local machine for the images .

If you are speaking about the frontend graphics, then you will have to dig a little deeper and edit some of the actual code itself. Take a look in the catalog/includes directory. Most of the files you need to edit are in there. (for the frontend anyway)

my hosting company says that it cannot give me the permission to write or delete images. what can i do?

Does the idea of get a new hosting company come to mind? :shock:

That sounds ridiculous that you do not have control over your own site and what you need to do with it.

There are a lot of site out there happy to accomodate your needs.

well, for a shared hosting plan they say, they cannot make the file 'nobody' or whatever because it would put the other shared host users at risk.

because the folder seems to want to get premission from nobody, blah blah blah.

why can't this script use htaccess or something? anything that would give me a username and pwd?

The files don't have to ge set to "nobody" they need to be set to the web server user with read and write permission..often this is user "apache"..

Another option that may be worth investigating is the "User" configuration directive in Apache..I have not looked to deeply into it but it may work for you..Although it soundle like your hosting company is not very flexible..

Archived