• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database location

burchas

I'm trying to find the location of the Mysql file that drives osCommerce but I can't seem to do so.

I'm running osc locally on my Mac (10.4.8) I have PHP enabled & MySql server installed and everything works fine. I'm able to edit the Database through PhpMyAdmin but I want access to the Actual Mysql file.

Where can I find it. I suspect it lays inside an invisible folder which doesn't get indexed by spotlight.

Please help

/usr/local/mysql/ is the default directory.

You can access it through the command line (terminal).

Hope this helps.

Rob

Rob Bell - Inspired Graphix

Customising osCommerce in Australia, and the world!

View my profile for web and email links.

I'm sorry, but i cannot offer Free support via PM etc, and osCommerce forums prohibit me from putting any reference to paid support in my signauture.

However viewing my profile may provide links to my website or something like that which you may find useful.

the sample database that gets installed with oscommerce is located here:

localhost/catalog/install/

You should have either deleted it or renamed it to turn it off, but the file you want is in there called oscommerce.sql

Indeed, but that is not the file osCommerce uses, this is the master database osc uses to sopy the info from to the real database located in /usr/local/mysql, like the member below you wrote. Thanks anyway

/usr/local/mysql/ is the default directory.

You can access it through the command line (terminal).

Hope this helps.

Rob

To Rob,

Yes it did help, I used the terminal to be able to see them & then the root user to access it from an interface.

Archived