• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

From installation to up running.

Akorth

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of how much work there'd be in applying some of the templates that are out there, like the ones from templatemonster ( for instance ).

I'm aware that it might differ from template to template, but just a rough estimate would be really appreciated.

( basically I'm trying to figure out how much time it'd take to go from nothing installed to a installation w contributions and a template/design of "my choosing"/purchase roughly.

thnx

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of how much work there'd be in applying some of the templates that are out there, like the ones from templatemonster ( for instance ).

I'm aware that it might differ from template to template, but just a rough estimate would be really appreciated.

( basically I'm trying to figure out how much time it'd take to go from nothing installed to a installation w contributions and a template/design of "my choosing"/purchase roughly.

thnx

If there's even been an answer to this question: it is this: it could take from a few minutes to instal osc, to never be able to finish (w/o outside help). There's some variables here, the most important of which is the "Human Factor", ie, who's doing it. :)

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

If there's even been an answer to this question: it is this: it could take from a few minutes to instal osc, to never be able to finish (w/o outside help). There's some variables here, the most important of which is the "Human Factor", ie, who's doing it. :)

Ken

thnx.

And yeah i know it might require a certain amount of expertise..and if i were to pick a bad combo of contributions and template i'd be able to royally screw myself over.

My main point with it i guess was to get an estimate on what i could expect in terms of work.

As in would the applying a new template be a matter of copying over x a mount of files, editing a few properties ( thats mentioned in a install file or such ) and thats it....normally.

Or should i assume 117 hacks and a pletoria of nitty gritty php mangling to get it to behave decently.

Archived