• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I change my admin password

:D Hi

I have given out my admin password to someone at my wedhosting company to help with my sll installation (which they completed stuffed up) and I want to change the password so they can't get in anymore.

Can anyone please help - yes I know I was stupid to give it out!

Hi

I have recently done the same thing and they have balls by installation up with an SSL certificate too, they are slowly getting the problems solved but 3 days to install rather than 3 minutes is a bit of a micky take.

Anyway you can change your password in 2 ways.

1. If you have a cpanel setup for you site, log into that abd look for password protect directories or somet like that.

2. Download the standard osc template and copy the .htaccess file from the route to your route as this is where the passwords are stored to some extent. If you replace this file you will nto have a password on your admin directory so you will just need to add one again.

Hope this helps.

PS. out of interest which hosting company messed up your installation with the SSL?

Hi

Thanks for that I will try it now.

We have had 4 days of hassles so far. MD Webhosting is the culprit!!! Who was yor culprit? They tried to install it on our static ip and had problems so they created another ip address and then the certificate was not valid as it was issued to another ip address. So I am gethering that I have to get them to put it on the original ip that the certificate was created for or get the certificate recreated for the new ip address. Do you agree??

You are a legend. Thanks that was soooo easy went through the control panel. can you believe the guy that helped me from the webhosting company set himself up as a customer with all his personal details. I checked the online phone and they are his real details. Lucky I am not some sicko out for revenge.

Thanks again, you help has been great.

Do you use Paypal payment on your site?? I am having trouble with the auto return function. The customer has to select the return to merchant button which is really unoticeable or the order is not completed. This happened with our first order, very upsetting as the customer has paid for items but we do not know which ones. We have emailed them but they have not contacted us since saturday. Being an adult site it is hard because we need to be discreet.

Archived