• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

gap above header help required

jippybeale

hi all,

can anyone please help...i have installed my first oscommerce and pretty much have it configured and customised how I want it with the exception of one thing.

My main website has all of its margins set to 0 in its CSS using the following:

body {

margin-left: 0px;

margin-top: 0px;

margin-right: 0px;

margin-bottom: 0px;

}

However, I tried adding this within the stylesheet.css (where there is already margin: 0px; in the body code) but I still get a small gap running along the top of the webpage, as shown below:

gapup9.jpg

These are the first few lines of code:

---

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<div align="center">

<table width="810">

<tr>

<td bgcolor="White">

<!-- header //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

---

Can someone please tell me why this would still be appearing, and how I can get rid of it so that the header sits flush? I have my OScommerce running in a table with a fixed width of 810, but thats the only major thing Ive changed with regards to the containing layout. Could it be cell padding or spacing somewhere?

Thanks.

it's this:

<table width="810">

the default cellpadding is 2 I believe. Set cellspacing/cellpadding just like in the table a few lines below, and it should be fixed.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived