• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

TOP>>CATALOG

uid

Hi everyone, been searching the forums a while and I can't figure out how to do this.

How do I either:

1) remove the "top" level altogether from the upper left navigation where it reads TOP>>CATALOG and then whatever category we are in

OR

2) change the link on "top" so that it points to another page (like the home page of my site)

Thanks

UID

The answer to both questions lies in the includes/applicaton_top.php file.

To remove the Top entry from the breadcrumb, line 466 should be:

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, HTTP_SERVER);

to which you just need to comment that line out.

To change the contents of the link then you would need to change out the HTTP_SERVER define with the url that you want to use. For example:

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, 'http://www.mydomain.com');

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

The answer to both questions lies in the includes/applicaton_top.php file.

To remove the Top entry from the breadcrumb, line 466 should be:

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, HTTP_SERVER);

to which you just need to comment that line out.

To change the contents of the link then you would need to change out the HTTP_SERVER define with the url that you want to use. For example:

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, 'http://www.mydomain.com');

Perfect! Thanks very much.

And if I wanted to change the name TOP to something else, like HOME, it cannot be changed within the line itself, right (for instance HEADER_TITLE_HOME instead of HEADER_TITLE_TOP)? Any suggestions?

Thanks very much, I appreciate.

And if I wanted to change the name TOP to something else, like HOME, it cannot be changed within the line itself, right (for instance HEADER_TITLE_HOME instead of HEADER_TITLE_TOP)? Any suggestions?

Edit the includes/languages/english.php file and set the text value for the HEADER_TITLE_TOP define to be what you want.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Archived