• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

... what does this mean? (when installing a Contrib)

romantix

Hi all ;)

I have installed a few Contributions. Always managed to follow the directions when it says FIND THIS and REPLACE THAT or ADD THAT....UPLOAD THIS ... you all know what I'm talking about ...

Now - I'm trying to install the following Contribution - Purchase Without Account:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,355/category,all/search,customer+login

and there are only 3 instructions:

1) Execute the "english.sql" with PHPMyAdmin or another MySQL-Client

2) Use a file compare program to compare the included files.

Look for Code surrounded by // PWA BOF and // PWA EOF.

I get the first one. On the second one though - what kind of a file compare program do I use? And - I assume this program will say something like: This part of the 2 files is different! AND THEN WHAT? :o

I have seen this in other Contrib but chose not to install them because it seemed too complicated ... now - I have to!

You are all so knowledgeable here. I admire all you do!

Thanks a million for your replies,

Jan :blink:

PS: Does anyone know of a Contrib that would allow the customer to go through the order process in the following sequence?:

Process

1 pick your item

2 add on sales

3. A fill out the ship date

3. B fill out the recipient information ( 3 A and 3 B could be reversed

or in one step )

4 Fill out your information ( ask if you want to save your info (account )

or not

5 confirm order ..

There are file compare programs that will allow you to view two files side-by-side so you can see where the differences are. A nice free one is Winmerge. There are also ones that are not free that are also very good.

You may want to look at the Fast/Easy contribution. It does what PWA does but also changes the checkout procedure to be more compact.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived