• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

error message after install

johnny81255

I have installed osCommerce (following the quick install quide). I changed the name of the catalog folder to retail_shopping since my site contains a wholesale catalog as well. I am now getting an error message when I try to access my catalog that reads:

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/smilingm/public_html/retail_shopping/index.php on line 13

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/smilingm/public_html/retail_shopping/index.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/smilingm/public_html/retail_shopping/index.php on line 13

Any ideas out there? I'd really appreciate any help.

You need to reset directory permissions - for most it is 644 - images and backups should be 777

Sonia

Thanks Sonia. When you say directory do you mean a specific folder all all folders? Sorry, but I am just cracking the surface of this thing.

Johnny

All directories except those which need to be writable are typically set to 755 - this should be automatic on your server, so please speak with your system admin regarding this.- - you should only need to reset images and backups to 777

Sonia

Archived