• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal - Website Payments Standard issues

realmadrid2727

This may be more of a PayPal question than an osCommerce question, but I figured I would give it a shot here since maybe some of you have had this problem.

I have a PayPal business account which I use to receive PayPal and credit card payments from my site. I can receive PayPal payments (that is, users with a PayPal account paying through it) without a problem. The problem comes in when a payment is made with a credit card and no PayPal account is used. PayPal says with my account I can do this, and it asks me to integrate "Website Payments Standard."

I integrated PayPal by turning the module on in the osCommerce admin section, yet I still keep getting prompted by PayPal to integrated blah blah blah. I thought I did, but apparently it tells me I didn't. What other steps am I supposed to take?

Also, like I said earlier, PayPal isn't accepting credit card payments from non-PayPal users like it says it should. I get this error:

"We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Message 3005"

Granted, that may simply be a temporary error on PayPal's part unrelated to this, however it doesn't hurt to ask.

So, does anyone have a clue how to "integrate" this website payments standard thing so I can get PayPal to stop nagging me about getting it integrated?

Thanks in advance.