• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSCommerce Installation Problems

alec79

Hi,

I have been trying out and looking for resources on this problem that I have encountered.

I am wondering if there is an apache or PHP settings that I have missed out.

Would appreciate any guide or suggestion on my problem. :)

Misc info:

I downloaded the OSCommerce and extracted it to my Apache Public Directory

I am running:

- Apache 2.0.54

- PHP 5.04

Problem returned

Warning: main(includes/functions/general.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\install\includes\application.php on line 22

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/general.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\install\includes\application.php on line 22

Hi,

I have been trying out and looking for resources on this problem that I have encountered.

I am wondering if there is an apache or PHP settings that I have missed out.

Would appreciate any guide or suggestion on my problem. :)

Misc info:

I downloaded the OSCommerce and extracted it to my Apache Public Directory

I am running:

- Apache 2.0.54

- PHP 5.04

Problem returned

Warning: main(includes/functions/general.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\install\includes\application.php on line 22

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/general.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\install\includes\application.php on line 22

I hope that you have uploaded all the files to your hosting server account. From your error messages, it looks like you are trying to run it all on your local computer. (your path is "C:\Program Files\Apache Group.....").

Upload all the files to your server (i.e. to http://www.yoursite.com/) and then try it.

PM me if you need help.

Amit

PM me if you need help

Not recommended if you don't know the difference between an offline server (Intranet) and an online server (Internet).

I think the problem is one of folder permissions - the files cannot be found because the folder cannot be accessed. Folders need to have permissions of 755, which on a local install means they must be readable.

Vger

Archived