• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Flat rate and per item for products

dell

I've been searching for the solution for this, but can't seem to find it.

Here's the scenario I have. I have retail products and wholesale products.

Retail products - $6.95 flat rate for any number of products

Wholesale products - $10 per item (where each item is a case)

I would like for osCommerce to automatically apply the correct total shipping amount based on a mixture of these two types of products. I installed the Abstract Zones contribution, but the end-user still gets a choice of paying the flat rate or per item (which is still applied to all the products whether flat rate or per item).

I tried a couple of other contributions, but didn't get the effect I wanted. I've been hesitant to try MVS because it seems like a big change, and I thought I should be able to do it without it, and there really aren't multiple vendors.

Any suggestions? Do I need MVS, or is there another solution(s)?

Thanks...

I've been searching for the solution for this, but can't seem to find it.

Here's the scenario I have. I have retail products and wholesale products.

Retail products - $6.95 flat rate for any number of products

Wholesale products - $10 per item (where each item is a case)

I would like for osCommerce to automatically apply the correct total shipping amount based on a mixture of these two types of products. I installed the Abstract Zones contribution, but the end-user still gets a choice of paying the flat rate or per item (which is still applied to all the products whether flat rate or per item).

I tried a couple of other contributions, but didn't get the effect I wanted. I've been hesitant to try MVS because it seems like a big change, and I thought I should be able to do it without it, and there really aren't multiple vendors.

Any suggestions? Do I need MVS, or is there another solution(s)?

Thanks...

Try

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1333

setting shipping by product

This is one I tried. The problem I encountered was that if I gave each product its own shipping amount it added all of them up, so while that worked for the wholesale products, it treated the retail as per item also. Is there some way to get it not to do that, or maybe I do a base rate and put $0 for the retail products?

Thanks

Okay, I think I got it. I tried the individual shipping contrib again like tapuahk said. I left the flat rate shipping installed for the retail products (I left the abstract zones contrib installed, and it doesn't seem to bother it), and set their individual shipping prices to null. Then I set the individual shipping prices for the cases to $10. I think the null value for the retail products was what I was missing, so the individual shipping contrib wouldn't pick them up.

Which version of the contribution did you use? Looks like the "V2.0 MS2.2 for fresh OSC" from 16 Nov 2005 would be a good starting point. Don't know if the 4.X versions are better candidates or not.

Thanks,

Todd