• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Why google don't find my new website?

Hiho,

i just search my new website with google and there isn't it listed... its online from august...

any solution? i must install a contribution?

Hiho,

i just search my new website with google and there isn't it listed... its online from august...

Umh, how long ago did you submit your site

It is not neccessary but have you tried "google sitemaps" it gives you feedback on what they have crawled.

I believe they call it webmaster tools now.

The best way to get listed quickly at no cost is post your URL to the search engine directly.

It does take time usually about six weeks, depending on how many new submissions they receive then you will get bots visiting your site.

Expect google crawls to take up about 40% of your bandwidth if you have a large site at first. They will gradually become less as you add less new content.

As far as helpful solutions for google, try HTC header tag control contribution

Then create a pure html page prior to your store that gives good content and links to your store and product pages with appropriate title tags.

Avoid repeating yourself on every page except maybe the site name on information pages, such as contact_us.php

Google and other engines will then be able to crawl the listed product pages.

Try exchanging links with other sites. Contact other similar well ranked sites and offer to exchange links. Then google will come to your site from theirs.

Link manager is a good contribution to manage these link exchanges.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Hiho,

by submitting your website to any search engine it usally takes 6 weeks or up to 2 to 3 months to get into there databases

Wade Morris

Amarillo, Texas

Before you do any changes on your site you need to do BACKUP! BACKUP!

Archived