• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to make order numbers start with 15200?

romantix

Hi ;)

How can we set up OSC to start numbering orders from a higher number such as 15200? That would

give us a bit more credibility..

Thank you :thumbsup:

Jan

PS: How would I add a field in the CHANGE ADDRESS form and make it mandatory?

Hi ;)

How can we set up OSC to start numbering orders from a higher number such as 15200? That would

give us a bit more credibility..

Thank you :thumbsup:

make a fake order up.

go into phpmyadmin and select 'orders' table from the osc DB. select 'browse'. select the fake order and hit the 'edit' table button. change the order number to 15200. hit 'go'.

All done.

Next order that is placed will be 15201.

make a fake order up.

go into phpmyadmin and select 'orders' table from the osc DB. select 'browse'. select the fake order and hit the 'edit' table button. change the order number to 15200. hit 'go'.

All done.

Next order that is placed will be 15201.

This is something I want to do as well. However, I have no "browse" option. I do see a list of orders, but cannot see the order numbers on any of them. Any other ideas??

Kathy

This is something I want to do as well. However, I have no "browse" option. I do see a list of orders, but cannot see the order numbers on any of them. Any other ideas??

Kathy

The order number is called order_id

You are in phpmyadmin looking at the database for OSC - correct?

The order number is called order_id

You are in phpmyadmin looking at the database for OSC - correct?

Hi David. I am in the osCommerce admin panel under the orders section. I see the orders listed and the edit button, but no order numbers. In my admin panel, I have a section called Customers and beneath that is Customer and Orders. When I click on Orders, I see the orders listed but when I click on edit any of them, there is no order id number anywhere. It only shows up in the email I receive for the order. Should I be looking somewhere else??

Kathy

Hi David. I am in the osCommerce admin panel under the orders section. I see the orders listed and the edit button, but no order numbers. In my admin panel, I have a section called Customers and beneath that is Customer and Orders. When I click on Orders, I see the orders listed but when I click on edit any of them, there is no order id number anywhere. It only shows up in the email I receive for the order. Should I be looking somewhere else??

Kathy

What you need to do is run this simple sql script (in phpMyAdmin):

alter table osc_orders auto_increment = 15200;

Replace the table name 'osc_order' with yours. This tip is taken from the knowledge base. Just in case you ask, here's the link:

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/G...s_and_Tricks/31

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Replace the table name 'osc_order' with yours. This tip is taken from the knowledge base. Just in case you ask, here's the link:

Ken

Thanks, Ken, but I must really be stupid. I can't find anywhere that I can do this. I went to the knowledge base and it was pretty vague as well. Since I don't have anything I can find as phpMyAdmin, I just don't know where to look for this.

k

Log into your hosting control panel, not your store admin panel, if using cpanel go into phpmyadmin and then browse the database. All changes can be done their.

Hi David. I am in the osCommerce admin panel under the orders section.

That's your problem

Should I be looking somewhere else??

yes. Go to cpanel > mysql databases > phpmyadmin > orders table > browse > find your order > click the edit button > change the number to 15200 > press go

...Since I don't have anything I can find as phpMyAdmin, I just don't know where to look for this.

k

Time to learn - there's plenty of chances/occasions (eg adding contributions) you need/must use phpMyAdmin in the years to come! and it's not that hard to learn as the sql scripts more often than not have already been written by someone else.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

I think this sounds like a great idea!

Do you change 'auto increment' in the table to a specific number or do you change default to a number & does it stay null or change to not null? :blink:

I think this sounds like a great idea!

Do you change 'auto increment' in the table to a specific number or do you change default to a number & does it stay null or change to not null? :blink:

The order_id is the primary key/index field of the table 'order', so it must not be 'Null'.

Ken

The order_id is the primary key/index field of the table 'order', so it must not be 'Null'.

Ken

You're right, Ken.

I checked back & saw it says Not Null. So how do you alter auto increment to a specific number? :huh:

You're right, Ken.

I checked back & saw it says Not Null. So how do you alter auto increment to a specific number? :huh:

Just scroll back a few posts on this same page and you'll see my answer there.

Ken

Ken

I must be REALLY thick!! :blush:

I'm looking at the above post and STILL don't see the answer!! :huh:

Can you explain this like I'm a three year old?

In the line:

change the 15200 to the starting number you want to have.

The number will have to be higher than the latest order_id though. ;)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

In the line:

change the 15200 to the starting number you want to have.

The number will have to be higher than the latest order_id though. ;)

You're going to laugh your socks off but how do I run this piece of coding in phpmyadmin? :-"

I'm just a stupid wee woman :blush: who copes with idiot instructions REALLY well!! :D

You're going to laugh your socks off but how do I run this piece of coding in phpmyadmin? :-"

I'm just a stupid wee woman :blush: who copes with idiot instructions REALLY well!! :D

Here's a 123 idiot guide for women :) :

1. log on to phpMyAdmin (and select the database you want to make change if there's more than one there);

2. look for and (if found click on it if not come back here) the SQL button/menu at about the centre top of the screen;

3. the above action will open a text box labelled Run SQL query/queries on database..., then copy & paste the script (that's the one liner) into the box, click Go.

Take a break and come back to have the enjoy with the new order number and the feeling of accomplishing a giant step!

Ken

1. log on to phpMyAdmin (and select the database you want to make change if there's more than one there);

2. look for and (if found click on it if not come back here) the SQL button/menu at about the centre top of the screen;

3. the above action will open a text box labelled Run SQL query/queries on database..., then copy & paste the script (that's the one liner) into the box, click Go.

Take a break and come back to have the enjoy with the new order number and the feeling of accomplishing a giant step!

Ken

Cheers Ken!

I think I did the right thing (put it this way - I never got a warning!) & I'll put this to the test when I go to buy something from the site!

Many thanks for the idiot guide!! :thumbsup:

Ken

Wow! that was SCARY! I did what you said, exactly, and it looked like everything worked. I clicked go and waited. Then I put through a new order. But the number was the same old little number, not a new one based on the higher number I put in the code. :(

Kathy

Wow! that was SCARY! I did what you said, exactly, and it looked like everything worked. I clicked go and waited. Then I put through a new order. But the number was the same old little number, not a new one based on the higher number I put in the code. :(

Kathy

Kathy... 'nother woman here... lol... hey, when I did it, my orders were not called osc_order, they were just called order... does that help any?

Kathy

Sorry, Kathy, but I did say "Replace the table name 'osc_order' with yours", didnt I?

Ken

Kathy... 'nother woman here... lol... hey, when I did it, my orders were not called osc_order, they were just called order... does that help any?

I just bought something from myself????? & this has worked FABULOUSLY!! (Cheers once more, Ken!)

My table was just called order NOT osc_order so I changed the piece of script accordingly & altered the number I wanted it to start at.

Ken

Hi Ken!!

It's me again! :-"

Any chance on getting another 123 idiot guide for women together re this topic?

Archived