• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

shipping by distance

jgarite

how can i do shipping methods by distance or location. for example if i ship from connecticut to jy it will be one price but to california it will be another for the same size/quantity item? shipping is through ups &/or fed ex, dont knwo if that info is needed

how can i do shipping methods by distance or location. for example if i ship from connecticut to jy it will be one price but to california it will be another for the same size/quantity item? shipping is through ups &/or fed ex, dont knwo if that info is needed

If you are going to ship by UPS there is a plug in that allows you to connect to their computer (I believe you need an account, but not sure) and it will figure the shipping costs live while the customer is checking out.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

If you are going to ship by UPS there is a plug in that allows you to connect to their computer (I believe you need an account, but not sure) and it will figure the shipping costs live while the customer is checking out.

here is fed ex

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1462

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

UPS is already built into your store admin under shipping

thanks, i foudn the fed ex contribution, but there is no UPS in the store admin already, there is however USPS...i am trying to install UPS Worldship Integration but it is not showing up in the admin c. panel...any suggestions?

I must have missed that! I was searching for how to install UPS when I found this. Maybe you can give me a little detail on what I'm to look for. What I see is: Flat Rate, Per Item, Table Rate, United States Post Office, and Zone Rates. Where's UPS?

Myron, the osCommerce Neophyte

Archived