• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Would like to add intro text.

Hi all

I would like to some intro text to the main page above the new product section.

Can anybody suggest how I can achieve this at all please

Regards

Chris

ps site is http://www.thecoolingemporium.co.uk/

Do you have access to cPanel? You need to go into cPanel and access pages from File Manager. If you have cPanel, I can give you further instructions as to where to find the pages you need to edit.

Kathy

Do you have access to cPanel? You need to go into cPanel and access pages from File Manager. If you have cPanel, I can give you further instructions as to where to find the pages you need to edit.

Kathy

Hi

Yes I have access to file manger (I assume you mean FTP programme)

Regards

Chris

Hi

Yes I have access to file manger (I assume you mean FTP programme)

Regards

Chris

Great ... go into your file manager and go into directory includes/languages/ and select the english.php file. Open it in edit form and go to the following section of the page:

define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account to receive sales information, new product info, and special promotions? YOU CAN ENTER ANY TEXT YOU WANT HERE.');

You can change anything between the 'Welcome Gues ... to HERE.'); Just be sure you leave in the single quote at the beginning and end and the closing parentheses and semicolon. You can see what I added to my page at http://adorablebasket.com. You can even change the color of the font, etc.

Kathy

Great ... go into your file manager and go into directory includes/languages/ and select the english.php file. Open it in edit form and go to the following section of the page:

define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account to receive sales information, new product info, and special promotions? YOU CAN ENTER ANY TEXT YOU WANT HERE.');

You can change anything between the 'Welcome Gues ... to HERE.'); Just be sure you leave in the single quote at the beginning and end and the closing parentheses and semicolon. You can see what I added to my page at http://adorablebasket.com. You can even change the color of the font, etc.

Kathy

Note: DO NOT use the Web Site Admin to edit your files that will cause errors. I would use Front Page or PHP Editor and then upload your files with FTP client like SmartFTP or CuteFTP

Wade Morris

Amarillo, Texas

Before you do any changes on your site you need to do BACKUP! BACKUP!

Note: DO NOT use the Web Site Admin to edit your files that will cause errors. I would use Front Page or PHP Editor and then upload your files with FTP client like SmartFTP or CuteFTP

No, I did not say to use the admin panel. I specifically said to use cPanel's file manager. This does not cause any errors as I have been using it for years to edit files. Front Page does cause errors. I don't know about PHP editor but the cpanel File Manager works great and keeps the parsing perfect.

kat

No, I did not say to use the admin panel. I specifically said to use cPanel's file manager. This does not cause any errors as I have been using it for years to edit files. Front Page does cause errors. I don't know about PHP editor but the cpanel File Manager works great and keeps the parsing perfect.

kat

I was giving him or her an option not to do. Ok!

Wade Morris

Amarillo, Texas

Before you do any changes on your site you need to do BACKUP! BACKUP!

Archived