• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

could i have some feedback before i go live please

Scorpion Cart

yup, in firefox the footer gif is causing a problem.

the seo isn't installed correctly and the category set up in wrong.. why is it when i click 'dogs feeding' and the three options option underneath, that it looks so 'the same'?

the product link background should be different, i would add an image/pointer to the products list for clarity.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

could you list the contributions you installed ?

all 60? that will be a big ask :D

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Thank you for the feedback it has been very helpfull.

You need an SSL certificate, no one will buy from you or create an account without one. Also no Conditions, TOS, Privacy Policy etc.

i am in the process of adding this stu.

i was busy installing/configuring this when this was posted.

which contribution does the fancy preview, when you click on an image and get the stylish layer showing the bigger picture of the image?

spax was correct this is the Lightbox contribution with a few stylesheet modifications.

Do you know the base of the page on your site is expanding too far to the right? It is making the right side background gif tile.

Sorted.....thanks

the seo isn't installed correctly

see above.

and the category set up in wrong.. why is it when i click 'dogs feeding' and the three options option underneath, that it looks so 'the same'?

the product link background should be different, i would add an image/pointer to the products list for clarity.

I am currently working on an image rollover category box for this so this can stay as is for now

could you list the contributions you installed ?
all 60? that will be a big ask

i could setup an admin area for you to browse if your interested but this still wouldn't show all the contributions installed.

again i thank you all for taking time to comment.

regards

kev

I think your site looks really great!

I cant seem to figure out exactly why but when I select an item for the cart it sometimes goes over the border on the right side. If I clear the cart and select it again it shows like it should. It doesn't happen on all of the items but something strange is happening. I am using Firefox for my browser.

I like the neatness and think its easy to navigate.

Don't forget to update your contact information or your return and privacy policies. And not that its a big deal, but you have the osCommerce link in the footer twice.

I also would like to know what contributions you added.

Nice, clean site. Very hard to tell that you added 60 contribs.

The pdf contrib seems to be a little too subtle using just the pdf icon.

And, the product descriptions need to be improved. I don't like the center justified text. And capitalization and punctuation need work - very inconsistent.

The search page seems to be messed up and the site's buttons are also inconsistent. Like the search button, continue shopping button, login button and other buttons are different styles. And the blue in some of them doesn't really match the overall look.

The slice on the cat at the top left is a hair (ha, ha) off where the top images meet (at the cat's paw).

In general, very well designed site.

Good luck.

tony

nice clean site. A few comments. You have 2 columns of "ADD TO CART" buttons. This is confusing and unnecessary. I love the lightbox config and have used it, but te swimming fish is too busy and distraction for my taste. The fish on the category uttons shows twice on buttons with 2 lines (last 2 cat items).

Jeff

Contributions I use: DynaMenus - Light Box - Best Sellers Content Box - Related Products 3.2 - UPS XML - Secure Admin Login - Vendor Locator - Graphical Borders.

In the categories box, the little fish is displayed twice in the last 2 cells.

When i click on a category, i see 2 'buy now' coloumns

thanks for that i have now redone them.

I love the lightbox config and have used it, but te swimming fish is too busy and distraction for my taste

i wasnt too sure about the swimming fish myself, have now changed it to something a bit more subtle.

thanks

i wasnt too sure about the swimming fish myself, have now changed it to something a bit more subtle.

thanks

It is a bit more subtle, but with the transparency I think it is still too busy. I have a habt sometimes of trying to "show off" my sklls with graphics, rather than keeping things toned down somewhat. I suggest a plain background in the aqua color. But this is just one man's oinion.

Jeff

Contributions I use: DynaMenus - Light Box - Best Sellers Content Box - Related Products 3.2 - UPS XML - Secure Admin Login - Vendor Locator - Graphical Borders.

It is a bit more subtle, but with the transparency I think it is still too busy. I have a habt sometimes of trying to "show off" my sklls with graphics, rather than keeping things toned down somewhat. I suggest a plain background in the aqua color. But this is just one man's oinion.

How about some bubbles? :-"

How about some bubbles? :-"

Hey I leave it to you. I think that the grey default is classy and matches you page background. MHO

Jeff

Archived