• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help Urgent! The site is down!

All we get is

1016 - Can't open file: 'sessions.MYD'. (errno: 145)

select value from sessions where sesskey = 'd47b7ac80c4eb580bc16d24bca41b0a2' and expiry > '1163543761'

Both from store front and the Admin side.

Can anyone Help!

Edward

Access your database via PHPMyAdmin and select to repair the sessions table to correct the error.

Then select all of your tables and select to Optimize and Analyze to get your database up to date.

If you are running at least MySQL v4.x ask you host to set the "myisam recover options" variable to "force" to have MySQL automatically correct the problem in the future. Or you could move your sessions to be stored on the file system instead of in the database for a speed improvement as reduction in load on your MySQL server.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

• 4 months later...

@Daemonj,

I am having also experienced with this kind of problem. My question is how and where to set the sessions to be stored in the file system?

What would be the consequent if I do it?

regards,

Taosan

• 6 months later...
Access your database via PHPMyAdmin and select to repair the sessions table to correct the error.

Then select all of your tables and select to Optimize and Analyze to get your database up to date.

If you are running at least MySQL v4.x ask you host to set the "myisam recover options" variable to "force" to have MySQL automatically correct the problem in the future. Or you could move your sessions to be stored on the file system instead of in the database for a speed improvement as reduction in load on your MySQL server.

That works assuming that I can monitor my web site 24hr and when error comes fixed.Any reason for that error

Any reason for that error

Possible reasons:

1. Running out of disk space on your hosting account - solution = clear some disk space or upgrade

2. Possible corruption of the hard drive your website is hosted on - solution = new hard drive

My question is how and where to set the sessions to be stored in the file system? What would be the consequent if I do it?

To store sessions in files in a temporary folder then edit both configure.php files and on the last line make it read ''; instead of 'mysql'; Also make sure that you have a local folder to store the files in (create one in the root and call it e.g. temp and then in osCommerce admin change the session save path to the root pathway plus /temp on the end.

This is not recommended, as those files just build up in that folder and never get deleted unless you do it manually via FTP. With MySQL it does a "Garbage clean up" every 23 minutes, of sessions which have been completely inactive for that length of time.

Vger

Archived