• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warn customer when making duplicate order?

egliteaw

I have looked through the contributions and couldn't find anything that looked like this. I want to be able to give a customer a warning message when they add an item to their cart that is already in their order history...

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I dont know for sure, but i dont think this can be done

Is there any way that Us, as admin's, can see what peple have ordered in the past?

My website's address is in My Profile, since it's not allowed to be in my signature.

I dont know for sure, but i dont think this can be done

Is there any way that Us, as admin's, can see what peple have ordered in the past?

I think it would somehow have to tie in to the order history that you can see in the administration panel...however, I am new to PHP so not sure if it can be done either... :blink:

nothing is imposible

but what is exactly the problem?

you could also edit your order update and include what they have ordered, give proper order updates.

I have customers buying the same stuff on purpose, would defenetely not wat to make that impossible.

I am not complayning at all

nothing is imposible

but what is exactly the problem?

you could also edit your order update and include what they have ordered, give proper order updates.

I have customers buying the same stuff on purpose, would defenetely not wat to make that impossible.

I am not complayning at all

I agree...I definately don't want to rule out duplicate orders, but I have some customers asking that they get a warning message when the place an item in their cart that they have already ordered. My store sells only virtual products so some do not want to mistakenly make a double buy. This would need to be able to reference all order history so that even if the item was ordered say a year ago it would warn the customer. I have my order updates set up to include previous orders and plan to install the contribution to show the previous 5 orders in the order history box on the screen. Not sure if I'm being clear enough on what I am looking to do here...

Edit your includes/header.php file to do a query of the orders_products table for all orders by the customer for all product_ids that are in the shopping cart.

If rows are returned then display the warning message.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Edit your includes/header.php file to do a query of the orders_products table for all orders by the customer for all product_ids that are in the shopping cart.

If rows are returned then display the warning message.

Jim,

Thank you very much. Unfortunately I am too much of a newbie to know enough to code it myself. :blush:

Do you know of anyone that is available to help with coding?

defenitely possible but I think I would put that with the products_info.php near the add to chart button.

To say they bought that product and add a button then only to be able to write a review.

Currently do not have the time to write this for you, perhaps later

defenitely possible but I think I would put that with the products_info.php near the add to chart button.

To say they bought that product and add a button then only to be able to write a review.

Currently do not have the time to write this for you, perhaps later

That is no problem...it will be awhile before the site is ready to go. I still have several mods to add and products/downloads to add. Whenever you have the time, please just send me a PM and let me know.

Thank you very much!!

In your product_info.php file add the following code where you want the message to display:

<?php
 if (isset($customer_id) && $customer_id != '' && $cart->count_contents() > 0) {
$dup_order_msg = '';
$products = $cart->get_products();
for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {
  $dup_order_query = tep_db_query('select o.orders_id from ' . TABLE_ORDERS . ' o left join ' . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . ' op using (orders_id) where o.customers_id=' . $customer_id . ' and op.products_id=' . tep_get_prid($products[$i]['id']));
  if (tep_db_num_rows($dup_order_query) > 0) {
	echo TEXT_PREVIOUSLY_PURCHASED_PRODUCT . ' ' . $products[$i]['name'] . "<br>\n";
  }
}
 }
?>

Be sure to edit the includes/languages/[language]/product_info.php file to add a define for the TEXT_PREVIOUSLY_PURCHASED_PRODUCT and give it a nice message.

BTW, I didn't test the code so let me know if you get any error messages. ;)

Also note that the user has to be logged in for the code to run.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Jim,

I tried putting the code you posted into the product_info.php file, but it did not seem to work. It didn't break anything... :) , just didn't cause the warning message to show either. Perhaps I am putting it in the wrong part of the file? I tried to get it as close to the "add to cart" code as I could...I think... :blush:

I suggest placing the code near the top of the file.

For example, starting at line 48 in my product_info.php file I have the following:

<?php
 if ($product_check['total'] < 1) {
?>
  <tr>
	<td><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => TEXT_PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND))); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
	  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
		<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
			<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
<?php
 } else {
$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);

Which I would change to be:

<?php
?>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
		  <tr>
			<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
<?php
 } else {
  $dup_order_msg = '';
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] != '') {
	$products[]['id'] = (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'];
  }
	$dup_order_query = tep_db_query('select o.orders_id from ' . TABLE_ORDERS . ' o left join ' . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . ' op using (orders_id) where o.customers_id=' . $customer_id . ' and op.products_id=' . tep_get_prid($products[$i]['id']));
	  $dup_order_msg .= TEXT_PREVIOUSLY_PURCHASED_PRODUCT . ' ' . $products[$i]['name'] . "<br>\n";
	}
  }
  if ($dup_order_msg != '') {
?>
  <tr>
		  <tr>
			<td><?php echo $dup_order_msg; ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
<?php
  }
}

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Please note that I also slightly changed the code that I provided earlier to also check for the product currently being viewed.

Give that a try and let me know how it turns out. ;)

Jim,

I tried your suggestion above but it isn't working now. Even when I restored to what was working before it is no longer giving the warning. Could it be because I have installed the "Guest Account" contrib? :'(

Here is my product_info code...

<?php
/*
 $Id: product_info.php,v 1.97 2003/07/01 14:34:54 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO);

$product_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 $product_check = tep_db_fetch_array($product_check_query);
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
 window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}
//--></script>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product')); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<?php
?>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
		  <tr>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
<?php
 } else {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " set products_viewed = products_viewed+1 where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {
  $products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
} else {
  $products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));
}

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_model'])) {
  $products_name = $product_info['products_name'] . '<br><span class="smallText">[' . $product_info['products_model'] . ']</span>';
} else {
  $products_name = $product_info['products_name'];
}
?>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?php echo $products_name; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right" valign="top"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main">
<?//php
//if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_image'])) {
?>
	  <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" align="right">
		<tr>
		  <td align="center" class="smallText">
<script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?//php echo '<a href="java script:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>
<noscript>
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>
</noscript>
		  </td>
		</tr>
	  </table>

<?php
}
?>
	  <p><?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?></p>
<?php
$products_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$products_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attributes_query);
if ($products_attributes['total'] > 0) {
?>
	  <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		<tr>
		  <td class="main" colspan="2"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_OPTIONS; ?></td>
		</tr>
<?php
  $products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by popt.products_options_name");
  while ($products_options_name = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_name_query)) {
	$products_options_array = array();
	$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
	while ($products_options = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_query)) {
	  $products_options_array[] = array('id' => $products_options['products_options_values_id'], 'text' => $products_options['products_options_values_name']);
	  if ($products_options['options_values_price'] != '0') {
		$products_options_array[sizeof($products_options_array)-1]['text'] .= ' (' . $products_options['price_prefix'] . $currencies->display_price($products_options['options_values_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) .') ';
	  }
	}

if (isset($cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']])) {
	  $selected_attribute = $cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']];
	} else {
	  $selected_attribute = false;
	}
?>

<tr>
		  <td class="main"><?php echo $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . ':'; ?></td>
		  <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $selected_attribute); ?></td>
		</tr>
<?php
  }
?>
	  </table>
<?php
}
?>
	</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
<?php
$reviews_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");
$reviews = tep_db_fetch_array($reviews_query);
if ($reviews['count'] > 0) {
?>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_CURRENT_REVIEWS . ' ' . $reviews['count']; ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
<?php
}

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_url'])) {
?>
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, tep_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=url&goto=' . urlencode($product_info['products_url']), 'NONSSL', true, false)); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
<?php
}

if ($product_info['products_date_available'] > date('Y-m-d H:i:s')) {
?>
  <tr>
	<td align="center" class="smallText"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_AVAILABLE, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_available'])); ?></td>
  </tr>
<?php
} else {
?>
  <tr>
	<td align="center" class="smallText"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'])); ?></td>
  </tr>
<?php
}
?>
<font size="4" color="#FF0000"><?php
$dup_order_msg = '';
	echo TEXT_PREVIOUSLY_PURCHASED_PRODUCT . ' ' . "<br>\n";
  }
}
 }
?>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<!-- My_Wishlist 1.0 -->
 <td align="left" class="main"><?php //if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))
 echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_wishlist') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<!-- My_Wishlist 1.0 -->
			<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td>

<?php
if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
  echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600);
} else {
  include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);
}

?>

</td>
  </tr>
</table></form></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?//php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Thanks for your help!

The "Guest Account" contribution is most likely the source of your problem because a customer_id is not assigned to a guest account. In addition, guest accounts do not retain an order history.

Archived