• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

pleaseee helppp always have a same IP log on my site

jenny1668

Please help,, I am a new webbie , just build my site and have use google adword.. and whenever I check on admin..whois online... and I found out always have the same IP online (my site) all the time .. can anyone please help me to get rid of it...

thanks in advance

jenny

Please help,, I am a new webbie , just build my site and have use google adword.. and whenever I check on admin..whois online... and I found out always have the same IP online (my site) all the time .. can anyone please help me to get rid of it...

thanks in advance

jenny

It's probably a googlebot. I did the same thing and google has been camped out on my site for three months. Day and night, I always have about a dozen to two dozen pages being looked at by the same IP (and it is google's). You can check the IP at http://www.dnsstuff.com/ and I'd be willing to bet it's google. I wrote to them about it and their response was that because I was adding content almost daily, they were constantly indexing it. It's been three months now and I'm not adding new content every day, but they're still camped out there. I figure maybe it will help my ranking in their se, so I'm done complaining about it.

Kathy

It's probably a googlebot. I did the same thing and google has been camped out on my site for three months. Day and night, I always have about a dozen to two dozen pages being looked at by the same IP (and it is google's). You can check the IP at http://www.dnsstuff.com/ and I'd be willing to bet it's google. I wrote to them about it and their response was that because I was adding content almost daily, they were constantly indexing it. It's been three months now and I'm not adding new content every day, but they're still camped out there. I figure maybe it will help my ranking in their se, so I'm done complaining about it.

Kathy

yea kathy

it is google... is this ok? as you know we are using adword. it means that the more clicks.. the more we need to pay for google..dont you think this is they try to spid on our site then clicks oftenly???

do you know how to get rid of the unwant IP ,, ???

jenny

yea kathy

it is google... is this ok? as you know we are using adword. it means that the more clicks.. the more we need to pay for google..dont you think this is they try to spid on our site then clicks oftenly???

do you know how to get rid of the unwant IP ,, ???

jenny

Hi Jenny. I wondered if it was them spamming the site because of the adwords thing, but I don't have very many clicks, so the numbers don't add up. I also debated blocking the ip address (you can do this in your cpanel under the IP Deny tab if your server runs cpanel). I finally decided I wouldn't block it because it might just blacklist the site on google. I've just learned to ignore it and hopefully one day I'll show up on the top of the list on their se.

Kathy

Hi Jenny. I wondered if it was them spamming the site because of the adwords thing, but I don't have very many clicks, so the numbers don't add up. I also debated blocking the ip address (you can do this in your cpanel under the IP Deny tab if your server runs cpanel). I finally decided I wouldn't block it because it might just blacklist the site on google. I've just learned to ignore it and hopefully one day I'll show up on the top of the list on their se.

Kathy

lol you were right kathy

Archived