• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP WITH CHARITY

pabloset

For almost two years now I've been trying to get a contribution that will work for something that I need but It looks like it has not been created yet. I did find many posts from people who are needing the same think but nobody seems to have it implemente it yet.

This is what I need:

1) Is it possible to give our puchasing customers the option to make a donation and set their own amount?

2) Is it possible to give our customers the option to donate when they get to checkout?

Is there code available that we can add to the checkout page that allows customers to enter their own amount for a donation? A line that simply says, 'Would you like to make a donation?', and then gives them the option to key in what they want to donate.

I am not a developer and I do not know how dificult can be to write a constribution like this, what I do know is that there would be a lot of happy people. CAN someone PLEASE create a constribution like that will do what I need?

For almost two years now I've been trying to get a contribution that will work for something that I need but It looks like it has not been created yet. I did find many posts from people who are needing the same think but nobody seems to have it implemente it yet.

This is what I need:

1) Is it possible to give our puchasing customers the option to make a donation and set their own amount?

2) Is it possible to give our customers the option to donate when they get to checkout?

Is there code available that we can add to the checkout page that allows customers to enter their own amount for a donation? A line that simply says, 'Would you like to make a donation?', and then gives them the option to key in what they want to donate.

I am not a developer and I do not know how dificult can be to write a constribution like this, what I do know is that there would be a lot of happy people. CAN someone PLEASE create a constribution like that will do what I need?

Hi

Although i havent seen this anywhere on here, i read a book in a book shop the other day that i am going to get that covered this is Fantastically simple terms, it was called " Deep Inside osCommerce: The Cookbook "

Had lots of other things in there, i would highly advise you to get this.

Hope this helps you out!

Happy shop building!

Many Thanks

Simon

Your Media Zone

Remember to ALWAYS BACKUP

Life is like box of chocs - You never know what your gonna get!

Do you feel lucky punk? Well do ya!

P-A-R-T WHY COS I GOTTA!

• 9 months later...

Old thread, but I was looking for something similar, and felt I had to respond to Simon. Simon, I wanted to point out that many of us working for charities do not have lots of coding experience, nor the time to spend trying to develop such a modification, if Pablo is anything like me, I am here at 3:45am on a bank holiday weekend working because I have so much work to do during the week. So to be frank, your reply to pableset was not exactly very charitable was it?

But back on subject... if anyone does have such a contribution that prompts a shopper to add an additional donation at checkout then please do post, I and others would find it most valuable.

Pablo, for now I have done a crude workaround that places a small text link at checkout_confirmation.php asking if they would like to round up by making a donation to our charity, it then takes them to a product donation category, where I have set products in multiples of 0.01, 1.00. 10.00 and 50.00, allowing them to round up their purchase. Not as nice as having a box at checkout where they can enter an amount to donate and click re-calculate, but it will do until I can find something better. Hope that helps those still searching.

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to figure out the same thing, and I'm a novice programmer. I work for a non profit having nothing to do with computers and being a novice here makes me an expert there, and our budget isn't ready to support hiring a pro. I'm looking for some open source code that can do this, but for now, I have a $1.00 product and ask users to get, say, 50 of them to make a $50 donation.

Not slick, but it works.

Edited by briancricketrakita

• 2 weeks later...

As another idea for a workaround, simply add a product attribute that allows the user to select donation amounts on the product. This will simply increase the price of the product the desired amount. Again, not perfect, but maybe it can get you by.

• 3 years later...

Ok,

I am confused !

Does nobody check the contribution area anymore ?????.

Quick Add Donation on Checkout Confirmation

This occurs at checkout time. It does not allow for the customer to donate specific dollar amounts for various donation items. i.e. donate $100 to organization and choose a specific amount for another organization (i.e. each donation option would be a seperate 'product').

Donations

This is making the store owner make the donation, not the customer. Not what has been asked for for years.

Charity Round Up

It is not applicable and is not what people have been asking for years now. This is not allowing the customer to enter a specific donation amount.

Chris