• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cant add item to cart

sheepiedog

Hi,

I have broken my test cart and items cant be added to the cart. When you press the buy now button or the add to cart button, it goes to the shopping cart and says the cart is empty.

What files are involved in the process of adding an item to the cart ?

This often happens due to a missing </form> tag on the page you are adding to the cart from.

The form post is picked up in application_top.php, then /includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

Sonia

Did you check for a missing </form> tag on the page you are adding to the cart from?

Sonia

I was assuming that the </form> tag must be on the pages I replaced (above). I replaced those pages with the pages from a store that is working fine but the other cart still wont add any items to the cart. Are you saying there is an additional page that I should be checking or replacing ? If so, could you advise what page that would be ?

I have the same issue and reading through this forum it looks like it is not uncommon.

Even a clean vanilla install does not transfer items to the cart.

I have no clue what is going on, I am using a 1and1 server with the app preloaded and automatically installed as required to my domains.

Ed

I was assuming that the </form> tag must be on the pages I replaced (above). I replaced those pages with the pages from a store that is working fine but the other cart still wont add any items to the cart. Are you saying there is an additional page that I should be checking or replacing ? If so, could you advise what page that would be ?

Try uploading those original files like its a brand new ones

Wade Morris

Amarillo, Texas

Before you do any changes on your site you need to do BACKUP! BACKUP!

I have taken those files from a known working cart and uploaded them and it still doesnt work (see post above) Perhaps I am not understanding what you mean ?

did you modify any of the files (changes)?

Wade Morris

Amarillo, Texas

Before you do any changes on your site you need to do BACKUP! BACKUP!

did you modify any of the files (changes)?

no, the one store is pretty much a copy of the other. (they are on different domains - 1 real store, 1 test store)

Perhaps i will just need to replace all the files with the files of the store that is working and I think I just need to leave the includes configure and admin includes configure untouched.

I was hoping to just be able to correct the problem instead of having to re-upload everything - i have no idea what is broken.

-------cut

I was hoping to just be able to correct the problem instead of having to re-upload everything - i have no idea what is broken.

I too would like to find a solution because at present i have tried three installs, the last of which is so clean it still has the default currency/products/admin details intact.

I have no ideas as yet. I was hoping to find some answers.

Ed

I have also noted that if you change the currency it keeps reverting back to default every time the page is updated.

Is this indicative that the "session" is not passing parameters between pages?

I am probably way off but hey what harm can a little speculation do.

Ed

I solved it.

in includes/configure.php

It was the define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.mysite.com');

I had it set to define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.mysite.com/catalog');

It would have been nice if I had been smart enough to investigate that first. doh !

Hi all i'm new so be nice to me

i have the same problem only the items seem to reapair in the cart from time to time when page is refreshed i hope some one can help me i'm going insane

Archived