• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Will I ever be able

Marca

Hi all! Please bear with me as I?m new and not very knowledgeable. My question is: Do you think I can learn how to create my e-shop by only reading through the materials (namely at http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=162231 and http://tep.sourceforge.net/releases/oscomm...2ms2-051112.pdf - this is what I have handy for now.

Why am I asking this: I only know how to create my own static html pages (in fact I?m quite good in this, my pages are always validated and many of them are featuring on the top of certain serps (I?m also quite good in SEO, that is)

But apart from that nothing. Don?t know how to create php pages, as I only upload with Leech (ftp) in a standard procedure that I learnt mostly by trial and error.

To start with the first instruction ? I don?t even know how to ?Create a blank database? ? do you think I should contact my host to learn how? (Doteasy). Also, should I start by upgrading my account to ?PHP/MySQL? ? I haven?t done so yet as I was satisfied up to now with the simplest of their hosting plans.

Taking into consideration that I am a true autodidact (barely knew how to send an email 5 years ago) do you think I can learn this all in the not too distant future or will I be wasting my time and yours :)

You must have a hosting account that provides both PHP and MySQL in order to run OSCommerce. It will not run without it.

When you have PHP and MySQL, your host should provide you with a control panel (if they do not already), through which you may create a blank database.

You may upload and edit PHP files exactly as you upload and edit HTML files. Both files formats are plain text formats.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Archived