• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please help me understand osCommerce software

jf_345

Hello

I want to open an online store, and somebody has informed me that i need to download osCommerce software to run my store and shopping cart. I am still trying to grasp the concept, although website building is not totally new to me. I was well versed in html, flash 4, and dreamweaver. But i have never built any online stores.

So as i understand it, i need to buy a template and customize it to the preferred style of my store. then i need to begin linking all of the template components to the osCommerce software? Is this right?

Please dont tell me i have to learn a whole new programming language to open this store, because i want to do it in a few days. Thanks!

Hello

I want to open an online store, and somebody has informed me that i need to download osCommerce software to run my store and shopping cart. I am still trying to grasp the concept, although website building is not totally new to me. I was well versed in html, flash 4, and dreamweaver. But i have never built any online stores.

So as i understand it, i need to buy a template and customize it to the preferred style of my store. then i need to begin linking all of the template components to the osCommerce software? Is this right?

Please dont tell me i have to learn a whole new programming language to open this store, because i want to do it in a few days. Thanks!

No you don't have to learn a new language even though it may seem like that at times!

Most templates you can buy come with instructions on how to install them so thats easy as do the contributions

The best way to do this is to go ahead and do it. If you need some help then PM me

Regards

Mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Archived