• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP! Will Amazon Associates Work & Redesign Help

Azure Moon

Hi!

I'm a real newbie and am hoping someone can help. I have an osCommerce site and would like to offer books using the Amazon.com Associates program. This basically involves copying and pasting of a particular HTML code to your web site and when the customer clicks on that item, they're taken directly to Amazon.com for purchase and the web site owner gets a portion of the sale.

I have copied and pasted one of the HTML code to both the "Products Image" and "Products URL" sections and then have clicked on preview and nothing happens. According to the basic instructions I received from New Age Wholesale who I purchased the site template from, after entering the Product's Image, I am to click on "preview" then "Insert" to upload. However, when I click on "preview" nothing happens, nor do I see an "Insert" button to click on. What am I doing wrong? I'm wondering if I will be able to use the Amazon Associates program at all.

Also, I would like to add a button on the upper left hand side of my home page for Gemstone Properties, however, that requires redesign and Php Coding knowledge. Is there someone out there that could reconfigure/add that to my site for a small fee? Please help!

Many Blessings,

Azure Moon

I have made a contribution that allows you add amazon products to your website of your choice. They are selected at random. You can see it and my website www.shiplinux.com.

You don't have to use my contribution. There is Omakase links that works.

I am not sure how your system works so I would need more detail.

Other great Open Source (Free) programs: (Free as in free speech not free beer)

The Gimp - An image program. | Firefox - All you have to do is add the Web Developer add-on to make this web browser complete. | FileZilla - An ftp program. | Inkscape - A good program to create images with. | Thunderbird - An email program. | Openoffice.org - An office suite that is compatible with MS Office. | Abiword - Another office suite. | Audacity - A sound recording tool. | ddp's Picks | Wordpress - An easy to use blogging software. | Joomla - An easy to use CMS that has ecommerce plug-ins. | Drupal - Another CMS

How do I find these programs? Google Search!

Archived