• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Attributes Problem

JohnRives

I added some product attributes to my CD replication orders for various options such as barcode, 4/4 printing etc. My problem is that they are automatically being added to the purchase price even if they are not selected and there is no way to turn them off! The default should be that they are not selected. they should be options that can be added or not. I added an attribute that I titled not selected and gave it an amount of zero, but the shopping cart doesn't show that one first. You actually have to select not selected in the drop down menu.

Can anyone tell me how to make not selected be the default attribute or set the attributes so they are not selected by default? Thanks, John

This probably isn't the answer you wanted to hear .... but I have situations like yours. When I was configuring it, I was in my novice stages of OSC, and I just made an extra attribute for each one called "none" and set the price to 0. Because I have sorted my attributes by price, None (0) is the default until the end-user changes it by selecting another attribute. If you'd like to see how it looks, click this: http://www.thevisiondepot.com/easy-reader-...stems-p-91.html

Note that I also have the "hide price if 0" contribution on there. But if you find a better answer, it's about time and go ahead and revamp the section of my website that has multiple attributes, so please let me know. It's the one weakness I've had with my OSC since day 1 ... the handling of multiple attributes.

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

This probably isn't the answer you wanted to hear .... but I have situations like yours. When I was configuring it, I was in my novice stages of OSC, and I just made an extra attribute for each one called "none" and set the price to 0. Because I have sorted my attributes by price, None (0) is the default until the end-user changes it by selecting another attribute. If you'd like to see how it looks, click this: http://www.thevisiondepot.com/easy-reader-...stems-p-91.html

Note that I also have the "hide price if 0" contribution on there. But if you find a better answer, it's about time and go ahead and revamp the section of my website that has multiple attributes, so please let me know. It's the one weakness I've had with my OSC since day 1 ... the handling of multiple attributes.

Yeah, I'm going to buy a couple php books and learn this stuff so I can make osCommerce do what I want it to do. Otherwise I'd be better of renting a shopping cart and not dealing with all these headaches.

I've come to the same conclusion as you as far as forcing the product attributes function to work like it should. I just found and downloaded a text file that has the code for the product_info.php file to sort the attributes by price. That will force the attribute I created named not selected into being the default option for each attribute since it's price is set to zero.

Thanks for the response JP

It's a contribution called Quantity Price Breaks v 1.12 ... the version that works. I just don't put any quantity price breaks in, which leaves me with the quantity box, which is what I want. You have the ability within your admin tool to implement quantity breaks or not, and I just chose to not, but the quantity box still displays and functions properly.

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Archived