• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help please. Im getting this error: 1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

JasonWarzone

Can someone please help me. I installed OSC with a Template that I had gotten. Now im getting this error on the right column:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '61' order by p.products_date_added DESC limit 2

[TEP STOP]

I dont know what to do. I even tried the Error Message - 1054 FIX under the contribs and it still didnt fix it. Can somebody please help me. If you want to see the error yourself, go to:

http://PhatSoles.com

Please and Thanks!!

The SQL query needs to be updated in the box that should display at the top of the right column - look in /includes/column_right.php to which file gets called first, then find it in /includes/boxes/

Post the query here :)

Sonia

In index.php change

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";

to

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p2c.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

The SQL query needs to be updated in the box that should display at the top of the right column - look in /includes/column_right.php to which file gets called first, then find it in /includes/boxes/

Post the query here :)

Sonia

Im sorry but i dont understand. can u explain step by step please?

In index.php change

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";

to

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p2c.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";

Okay when I went into that file, i searched the first line and theres like 3 parts that look just like this. can u paste alittle more of what u want me to find so i can find the right one to edit.. please and thank you.

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " .

There are like 3 different parts that look like that.. can u paste me some more? so i can find it better. thanks

In index.php change

to

OKay I think i edited it right. But it still has the same error :(

What shall I do?

OKay I think i edited it right. But it still has the same error :(

What shall I do?

Change the order of the "from" clause from

TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p

to

TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd

I know it sounds ridiculous, but it worked for me...

The problem is caused by incompatible mysql code. There are fixes for it in the latest oscommerce security update. However, that over covers the stock code. If the error is being caused by a contribution, then you will need to edit the code for that too. This page explains what you need to do in that case.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived