• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Converting Text to Standard Format

fat_dog

Does anyone know how to convert text into a standard format, to combat the customers lack of capital letters, or in some cases to remove them...

e.g. when the customer types "JACK SMITH" or "jack smith" OSC converts it to -> "Jack Smith" (capital letter at the start of each word).

I see this as a good way to maintain a standard format in the orders/invoicing system.

• 2 years later...
Does anyone know how to convert text into a standard format, to combat the customers lack of capital letters, or in some cases to remove them...

e.g. when the customer types "JACK SMITH" or "jack smith" OSC converts it to -> "Jack Smith" (capital letter at the start of each word).

I see this as a good way to maintain a standard format in the orders/invoicing system.

I know this is an OLD thread but in case some else is looking, this link will help get you going.

And how to apply it: click me

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived