• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PLEASE somebody verify this bug oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817

syscon

oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817 - BUG (I've posted it on a different forum but nobody replied)

This version seems to have a bug with disappearing category using Firefox on both Windows and Linux, I don't have an IE so I can not test it under IE.

Can anybody follow these instructions to verify it?

- Create a new "category" any category can be "Test"

- Go go Firefox and allow - cookies to be stored from your web-page

Result: the new created category ''Test" will disappear when you click second time "refresh" button.

- If I deny cookie from my page the category display just fine.

Is it a bug? (Can somebody verify this bug).

In my "session" setting everything is set to "False" except the " Prevent Spider Sessions = True"

#Joseph

#Joseph

Is it a bug?
Could it be the cached version that you see on your second click? I have seen something similar happen with a hidden category that wasn't visible on the first view of the page and was then drawn from cache and became "unhidden".

Could it be the cached version that you see on your second click? I have seen something similar happen with a hidden category that wasn't visible on the first view of the page and was then drawn from cache and became "unhidden".

Thanks for testing.

No, this is not the case. I've cleared the cache and the category disappear when I accept the cookies; but when I deny it the category stays visible.

You can test it for yourself, go to our web-page:

http://www.sysconcept.ca and you should there category called: Fiber Splicing

it will ask you if you want to accept the "cookie" if you accept it and clink "refresh" that category will disappear. Now delete the cookie and if it ask you again if you want to accept it, say NO. That category will stay.

It makes me wander did went wrong somewhere during upgrading?

What file is responsible for this behavior?

#Joseph

#Joseph

I've cleared the cache
Of the browser or of the server? The latter is what I'm referring to.
You can test it for yourself, go to our web-page:

http://www.sysconcept.ca and you should there category called: Fiber Splicing

it will ask you if you want to accept the "cookie" if you accept it and clink "refresh" that category will disappear. Now delete the cookie and if it ask you again if you want to accept it, say NO. That category will stay.

I don't have that option in Firefox on the Mac (1.5.0.7). I think that was an option a long time ago (have websites ask permission for setting a cookie?).

I tried several settings, but that category shows up all the time....

oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817 - BUG (I've posted it on a different forum but nobody replied)

This version seems to have a bug with disappearing category using Firefox on both Windows and Linux, I don't have an IE so I can not test it under IE.

I am afraid to say this is rubbish. It would be silly for me to believe one of categories would just disappear because of a 'bug'. Don't waste your time. Look for somewhere else for the problem (if there's one) please.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Of the browser or of the server? The latter is what I'm referring to.

[snip]

BINGO!

Thank you for pointing it out.

I've setup a cache in /tmp directory to speedup page loading. Once I've cleared that cache that category appears with or without cookies enabled.

What a silly mistake!

#Joseph

#Joseph

Archived